Berklee Press: Producing Drum Beats: writing & mixing killer drum groovesSKU: 6750
Berklee Press: Producing Drum Beats: writing & mixing killer drum grooves
Produce killer drum beats for any style of music.
This comprehensive handbook will show you the secrets used by top producers for creating larger-than-life drum tracks. Understand the different components of a drumbeat, and learn to write and mix incredible grooves while using today’s wealth of amazing music production tools—from loops and MIDI to drum replacement and DAW software programs. The included CD-Plus includes demonstration tracks, and free MIDI and audio samples from Big Fish Audio, KEYFAX, Multiloops, and Smart Loops.
You will learn to:
- Understand the different components of a contemporary drumbeat, including drums, cymbals, percussion, plus electronic samples and loops
- Create drum beats using different types of MIDI controllers and techniques, including real-time and programmed beats
- Use techniques in popular audio and MIDI sequencing software such as Pro Tools, Logic, and Reason
- Think like a drummer, making your beats work well with the rest of the groove and song form, and using drum fills effectively.
- Mix your beat using time tested EQ, compression, and parallel effects techniques
- Author Erik Hawkins
- ISBN 9780876391037